About This Replica
The Nation’s T. rex, USNM 555000, is one of the most celebrated Tyrannosaurus specimens ever found. When it was first unearthed in 1988, it included approximately forty-six percent of the skeleton, making it the most complete Tyrannosaurus specimen discovered at the time. Scientists found an entire arm, enabling them to better understand the biomechanics of the T. rex forelimb. Later studies revealed the animal was approximately eighteen-years-old when it died. The Nation’s T. rex was the first dinosaur specimen found with preserved blood proteins. USNM 555000 enabled paleontologists to get the first modern picture of how T. rex lived.
This premium replica by Master Replicas Group is approximately 10 inches tall and is made from 3D digital scans.
What's in the Box?
The T-Rex Skull Quarter Scale Replica features:
- Hand cast/finished by artisans in the US
- Cast in super durable resin, made to last a lifetime
- Created directly from scans of Smithsonian assets
- Fully authorized and licensed by the Smithsonian
Additional Details & Dimensions
- Product Size
- Height: 10" (254 mm) | Width: 8" (203.2 mm) | Depth: 15" (381 mm) | *
- Box Size
- Height: 13.00" (330.2 mm) | Width: 17.00" (431.8 mm) | Depth: 18.00" (457.2 mm) | *
- 9.00 lbs (4.08 kg) *
* Size and weight are approximate values.
(c) 2019 Master Replicas Group