Est. Arrival: Oct 2019 - Nov 2019
About This Book
It’s the movie that revolutionized science fiction and the art of cinema, that transformed the way we think about film with its special effects, narrative style, philosophical importance, and unusual musical choices. Now, fifty years after its conception, TASCHEN presents the most exhaustive publication ever devoted to 2OO1: A Space Odyssey. Limited to 1,500 copies, this landmark edition has been made in exclusive collaboration with both the Kubrick Estate and Warner Bros.
Get closer than ever to this movie that changed the movies. Conceived by the same designers behind our instant collectible Stanley Kubrick’s Napoleon: The Greatest Movie Never Made, this richly illustrated four-volume set features hundreds of previously unpublished documents and photographs, as well as personal testimony from Kubrick’s co-screenwriter Arthur C. Clarke. All hardcover volumes are presented in a sleek metal slipcase inspired by the famous monolith, and come boxed with exclusive cover art from Wayne Haag.
About the Author:
Piers Bizony is a science and technology writer. His publications include Atom, The Man Who Ran the Moon, Starman, and The Making of Stanley Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey.
About the Designer:
M/M (Paris) is an art and design partnership consisting of Mathias Augustyniak and Michael Amzalag. Their portfolio includes art direction and collaborations with Björk, Balenciaga, and Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin, as well as with magazines including Vogue Paris, Interview, and Purple Fashion.
What's in the Box?
The Making of Stanley Kubrick's 2001 XXL Art Edition No. 251-500 features:
- Art Edition of 250 copies (No. 251-500), all signed by Christiane Kubrick
- With a signed print by 2OO1 art advisor Brian Sanders, delivered in a ready-to-frame mat 'Revolving camera and control panel'
- Rare material sourced from both the Kubrick Estate and Warner Bros archives
- Photographs, pre-production paintings, and conceptual designs
- Four volumes with a metal slipcase, all designed by M/M (Paris):
- Volume 1: Film stills
- Volume 2: Behind the scenes (including new interviews with lead actors, senior production designers, and key special-effects experts)
- Volume 3: Facsimile of original screenplay
- Volume 4: Facsimile of original 1965 production notes
- Plus a small comic surprise
- 1386 pages
Additional Details & Dimensions
- Product Size
- Height: 17.7" (449.58 mm) | Width: 8.5" (215.9 mm) | Depth: 2.7" (68.58 mm) | *
- Box Size
- Height: 11.00" (279.4 mm) | Width: 32.00" (812.8 mm) | Depth: 32.00" (812.8 mm) | *
- Dimensional Weight
- 49.00 lbs (22.23 kg) [Intl. 82.00 lbs (37.19 kg)] *
* Size and weight are approximate values.
Copyright © 2014 Turner Entertainment Co. 2OO1: A Space Odyssey and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Turner Entertainment Co. (s14)
Get $75.00 back!
Earn 5% in Sideshow Rewards.Learn more
Payment Plans Available
Pay as little as $450.00/mo.See payment plans above