About This Book
The kind of fame and success The Rolling Stones have achieved in their almost 60-year career is without parallel; their most famous riffs and catchiest lyrics are indelibly engraved in our collective memory. With their mesmerizing on- and off-stage presence, the Stones set the standard for how a rock band should sound, pose, pout, and behave. They were the first to instinctively understand that what you looked like was as important as the music, and that photography had a vital role in promoting that image. “The clothes and the hair are always impeccable,” describes author Luc Sante. “They were playing themselves, but with such consistent finesse you knew they were instinctively aware of the camera and how good they will look in the photos.” Unsurprisingly many of the greatest photographers in the history of the medium wanted to take their picture.
Produced in close collaboration with the band, this updated edition charts the Stones’ remarkable history and outrageously cool lifestyle in over 450 pages of photographs and illustrations, gathered from archives all over the world. Unprecedented access to the Rolling Stones’ own archives in New York and London adds an equally extraordinary, more private side to their story. For Mick, Keith, Charlie, and Ronnie this is their official photographic record.
About the Author:
Reuel Golden is the former editor of the British Journal of Photography and the Photography editor at TASCHEN. His TASCHEN titles include: Mick Rock: The Rise of David Bowie, both London and New York Portrait of a City books, Andy Warhol. Polaroids, The Rolling Stones, Her Majesty, Football in the 1970s, the National Geographic editions, and The David Bailey SUMO.
What's in the Box?
The Rolling Stones Hardcover Book features:
- Hardcover with fold-outs
- 11.8 x 11.8 in., 8.31 lb
- 466 pages
- Over 450 pages of incredible images from some of the world’s greatest photographers, including David Bailey, Annie Leibovitz, Cecil Beaton, Anton Corbijn, Herb Ritts, Albert Watson, Andy Warhol, David LaChapelle, Peter Beard, Helmut Newton, Bent Rej, Gered Mankowitz, and Norman Parkinson.
- Essays from award-winning writers David Dalton, Waldemar Januszczak, and Luc Sante
- Appendix including the Stones in the media, a Stones timeline, a discography, and photographers’ biographies
Additional Details & Dimensions
- Product Size
- Height: 11.8" (299.72 mm) | Width: 11.8" (299.72 mm) | Weight: 8.31 lbs (3.77 kg) *
- Box Size
- Height: 2.00" (50.8 mm) | Width: 12.25" (311.15 mm) | Depth: 12.25" (311.15 mm) | *
- 8.45 lbs (3.83 kg) *
* Size and weight are approximate values.
Get $4.00 back!
Earn 5% in Sideshow Rewards.Learn more
Shop with Confidence
Award-winning customer support with a 30-day guarantee.Find out why