Alien Then & Now- Let Your Geek Sideshow Podcast
In honor of Alien’s 40th anniversary, Susan and Kitty are cataloguing all the xenomorph horror that has spawned from this legendary film franchise. From cinema sequels to fan films to high school plays, Alien may still in fact be the perfect organism after all this time. But remember, in space, no one can hear you scream…
What happens when pop culture enthusiasts from different generations swap tales of their favorite modern and classic stories? Let Your Geek Sideshow presents… Then & Now– a pop culture podcast!
Press play above to listen along!
The Alien franchise has spent the last 40 years terrifying fans, starting as a horror film that launched a larger sci-fi franchise. Not only is the series famous for its incredibly frightening xenomorph alien design, but it has given generations of film fans an amazing protagonist in Ellen Ripley. Since then, the xenomorphs have continued to evolve and this perfect organism has infected other forms of media- branching beyond the films into video games, virtual reality, and now, stage plays.
With fan interest still going strong as Alien passes this incredible milestone, it remains to be seen just how much further the xenomorph evolution can go. What do you think is next for Alien?
If you are interested in following the evolution of Alien over 40 the years, check out these sources:
- Alien (1979)
- Aliens (1986)
- Alien: Isolation (PS3, PC, Xbox)
- Alien 40th Anniversary Fan Films (Harvest, Night Shift, Alone, Ore, Specimen, Containment)
- The North Bergen High School production of Alien
You can check out the full Then & Now podcast on iTunes, or subscribe to our Youtube channel. You can also find our channel hosted on Pippa at side.show/thennow. Keep an eye out for new episodes and more ways to listen coming soon. If you like the show, be sure to subscribe and leave a 5-star review so that other fans can find the podcast!
What other characters, films, or events would you like to see covered in upcoming episodes? Let Your Geek Sideshow and tell us in the comments!
We are proud to bring you pop culture content completely AD FREE, but that doesn’t mean we don’t need your support to help keep us going. If you enjoy the Geek Culture Countdown, please take a moment to leave us a 5-star review on your favorite podcasting platform and help spread the word about our podcast.
Be sure tune in for our other pop culture podcasts as well:
- Join comedian Jeff May and special guests as they talk geek news, nerd history, collecting, and whatever else comes up in Sideshow’s Side Show.
- Take a peek into geek culture and check out our Top 10 fandom favorites in the Geek Culture Countdown.
- Hear exclusive interviews with celebrities and pop culture industry leaders as they let their geek side show in Look Who Showed Up.
- Then, get all the latest pop culture news with our Daily Briefing, a two-minute breakdown of the biggest geek headlines perfect for your Alexa or Google news briefings.
We wouldn’t exist without your continued support. Thank you for listening, and don’t forget to Let Your Geek Sideshow!