Captain America in the MCU Then & Now- Let Your Geek Sideshow Podcast
Warning! This podcast contains spoilers for Avengers: Endgame.
From a sickly army reject to the Star Spangled Man with a Plan, Steve Rogers has had a major evolution throughout the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Learn about his heroic origins and how Captain America has become more than a shield and a symbol of freedom- this is Captain America Then & Now.
What happens when pop culture enthusiasts from different generations swap tales of their favorite modern and classic stories? Let Your Geek Sideshow presents… Then & Now– a pop culture podcast!
Press play above to listen along!
The Star-Spangled Man with a Plan has had a major evolution in the Marvel Cinematic Universe- from skinny Steve Rogers to becoming Captain America, a super soldier and one of the most iconic heroes in film today. His impact throughout the Infinity Saga is on par with the presence of Iron Man, serving as a symbol of true freedom, even against injustice from the very government that created him.
With the release of Avengers: Endgame, it seems that Captain America as we knew him is no more. Steve Rogers lived a full life (but whether it was in an alternate reality is up for debate!) and has passed the shield on to another famous bearer of the mantle from comics- Sam Wilson, The Falcon. But it’s important to recount the journey of the shield as it protected, attacked, and shattered in some of the biggest battles of the MCU.
The future of Marvel’s film universe is currently unknown, and now only time will tell if and when the star-emblazoned shield will next appear in the MCU.
If you are interested in following Captain America’s journey through the MCU, it’s essential that you watch these films:
- Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- The Avengers (2012)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) (It’s just a cameo, but it’s hilarious!)
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018) (In name only.)
- Avengers: Endgame
You can check out the full Then & Now podcast on iTunes, or subscribe to our Youtube channel. You can also find our channel hosted on Pippa at side.show/thennow. Keep an eye out for new episodes and more ways to listen coming soon. If you like the show, be sure to subscribe and leave a 5-star review so that other fans can find the podcast!
What other characters, films, or events would you like to see covered in upcoming episodes? Let Your Geek Sideshow and tell us in the comments!
We are proud to bring you pop culture content completely AD FREE, but that doesn’t mean we don’t need your support to help keep us going. If you enjoy the Geek Culture Countdown, please take a moment to leave us a 5-star review on your favorite podcasting platform and help spread the word about our podcast.
Be sure tune in for our other pop culture podcasts as well:
- Join comedian Jeff May and special guests as they talk geek news, nerd history, collecting, and whatever else comes up in Sideshow’s Side Show.
- Take a peek into geek culture and check out our Top 10 fandom favorites in the Geek Culture Countdown.
- Hear exclusive interviews with celebrities and pop culture industry leaders as they let their geek side show in Look Who Showed Up.
- Then, get all the latest pop culture news with our Daily Briefing, a two-minute breakdown of the biggest geek headlines perfect for your Alexa or Google news briefings.
We wouldn’t exist without your continued support. Thank you for listening, and don’t forget to Let Your Geek Sideshow!