Coming to Netflix in July 2019 – Geek Edition
From the third season of Stranger Things to the return of Orange is the New Black, we have all the latest updates for what’s streaming on Netflix in July 2019!
Netflix has released their latest newsletter highlighting all of the awesome new content being made available to watch starting next month, as well as which shows will be leaving the site soon. After reviewing the full streaming lineup, here are our most anticipated shows coming to Netflix in July 2019- the Geek Edition, of course!
New on Netflix
- Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore
- Caddyshack 2
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
- Cheech & Chong’s Up in Smoke
- Disney’s Race to Witch Mountain
- Little Monsters
- Paul Blart: Mall Cop
- Rain Man
- Scream 3
- Starsky & Hutch
- Taxi Driver
- The Brothers Grimm
- The Hangover
- The Pink Panther
- The Pink Panther 2
- Good Witch: Season 2
- Stranger Things 3– NETFLIX ORIGINAL– It’s 1985 in Hawkins, Indiana, and summer’s heating up. School’s out, there’s a brand new mall in town, and the Hawkins crew are on the cusp of adulthood. Romance blossoms and complicates the group’s dynamic, and they’ll have to figure out how to grow up without growing apart. Meanwhile, danger looms. When the town’s threatened by enemies old and new, Eleven and her friends are reminded that evil never ends; it evolves. Now they’ll have to band together to survive, and remember that friendship is always stronger than fear.
- In the Dark: Season 1
- Disney’s Mary Poppins Returns
- Cities of Last Things– NETFLIX FILM– In a dystopian tale unfolding in reverse chronology, a man with a complicated past takes revenge on the individuals who wronged him decades ago.
- 3Below: Tales of Arcadia: Part 2– NETFLIX FAMILY– Still stranded in Arcadia, royal alien siblings Aja and Krel continue their quest to return home as General Morando plots a course to invade Earth.
- Blown Away– NETFLIX ORIGINAL– Ten master artists turn up the heat in glassblowing sculpture challenges for the chance to win $60,000 in prizes and the title of champion.
- Point Blank– NETFLIX FILM– An ER nurse and a career criminal are forced into an unlikely partnership in taking down a ring of corrupt cops threatening the lives of both of their families.
- Taco Chronicles- NETFLIX ORIGINAL– A tribute to the mighty taco: its history, significance in Mexico, global appeal and varieties: pastor, carnitas, canasta, asada, barbacoa and guisados.
- Disney’s The Princess and the Frog
- Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein– NETFLIX ORIGINAL– In this new mockumentary, join “Stranger Things” actor David Harbour as he uncovers lost footage from his father’s televised stage play, Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein. Expect the unexpected in this over-the-top and often dramatic(ish) reimagined tale of mystery and suspense . With appearances by Alfred Molina, Kate Berlant, and more special guests, Harbour explores the depths of his family’s acting lineage to gain insight into his father’s legacy – all in 28-minutes. Directed by Daniel Gray Longino (“Kroll Show” and “PEN15”) and written by John Levenstein (“Arrested Development” and “Kroll Show”), Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein launches globally on Netflix on July 16, 2019.
- Wynonna Earp: Season 3
- Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee: New 2019: Freshly Brewed– NETFLIX ORIGINAL– Jerry Seinfeld’s roving talk show combines coffee, laughs and vintage cars into quirky, caffeine-fueled adventures with the sharpest minds in comedy.
- The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants: Season 3– NETFLIX FAMILY– Fourth-grade friends George and Harold have a shared love of pranks and comic books — and turning their principal into an undies-wearing superhero.
- Queer Eye: Season 4– NETFLIX ORIGINAL– The Fab Five are back in Kansas City, Missouri! Join Antoni, Bobby, Jonathan, Karamo and Tan for a new group of inspirational heroes, jaw-dropping makeovers and tons of happy tears!
- SAINT SEIYA: Knights of the Zodiac– NETFLIX ANIME– Sworn to protect the reincarnation of the goddess Athena, Seiya and the Knights of the Zodiac aid her in battle against those who seek to end mankind.
- Typewriter– NETFLIX ORIGINAL– Typewriter is about a haunted house and a haunted book that stir the imagination of a group of young, wannabe ghost hunters, and a dog, determined to capture the ghost that plagues the notorious home in their neighborhood in Goa. When a new family and their captivating daughter move into the haunted home, the crew finds it difficult to balance the demands of school and chores with the renewed urgency to capture the neighborhood ghost before it is too late.
- Inglorious Basterds
- Another Life– NETFLIX ORIGINAL– Another Life centers on astronaut Niko Breckinridge (Katee Sackhoff) who is focused on searching for alien intelligence. She leads a crew on a mission to explore the genesis of an alien artifact. As Niko and her young crew investigate, they face unimaginable danger on what might very well be a one-way mission.
- Boi– NETFLIX FILM– As a young Catalan chauffeur drives two Chinese businessmen around Barcelona, he finds himself falling deeper into an illusory adventure.
- Girls With Balls– NETFLIX FILM– Stranded in the woods and eyeballed by twisted hunters, members of a women’s volleyball team bump it up in the most dangerous game of their lives.
- Orange is the New Black: Season 7– NETFLIX ORIGINAL– A privileged New Yorker ends up in a women’s prison when a past crime catches up with her in this Emmy-winning series from the creator of “Weeds.”
- Sugar Rush: Season 2– NETFLIX ORIGINAL– Time’s the most important ingredient as teams race against the clock — and each other — to bake up the best-tasting sweets.
- The Worst Witch: Season 3– NETFLIX FAMILY– Armed with newfound confidence, Mildred returns to Cackle’s Academy, where her mother is joining the staff as the school’s first non-witch teacher.
- The Croods
Podcasts Coming to Netflix
- I Hate Talking About Myself – I Hate Talking About This features Netflix’s biggest stars interviewing themselves. Check out this interview by Russian Doll’s Natasha Lyonne.
- I’m Obsessed with This – This week’s I’m Obsessed With This features host Bobby Finger and guests discussing new releases like the new episode of Black Mirror and the film Murder Mystery.
- What to Watch on Netflix – Host Keiko Agena shares what’s new and helps listeners pick what to watch next.
Last Chance to Watch
Leaving July 1:
- Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
- Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
- Cool Hand Luke
- Doctor Zhivago
- Dolphin Tale
- Dumb and Dumber
- East of Eden
- Pan’s Labyrinth
- Silence of the Lambs
- The Boondock Saints
- The Matrix
- The Matrix Reloaded
- The Matrix Revolutions
- The Mummy
- The Mummy Returns
- The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
- The Terminator
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
- The Wild Bunch
- Turner and Hooch
- Wedding Crashers
Leaving July 2:
- Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Leaving July 10:
- Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie
Leaving July 16:
- American Gangster
Beat the heat by staying indoors this summer and binge-watching all your favorite shows! You still have a little bit of time to catch those shows leaving the site, but remember, they won’t last forever.
What will you be watching? Let Your Geek Sideshow and tell us in the comments!