Coming to Netflix in September 2019 – Geek Edition
From Season 2 of Disenchantment to the premiere of The Last Kids on Earth, we have all the latest updates for what’s streaming on Netflix in September 2019!
Netflix has released their latest newsletter highlighting all of the awesome new content being made available to watch starting next month, as well as which shows will be leaving the site soon. After reviewing the full streaming lineup, here are our most anticipated shows coming to Netflix in September 2019- the Geek Edition, of course!
New on Netflix
- Vagabond – NETFLIX ORIGINAL – Vagabond is a story about a stuntman Cha Dal-geon, played by Lee Seung-gi, who gets involved in a tragic airplane crash and ends up discovering a national corruption scandal in the process. Bae Suzy plays Go Hae-ri, the oldest daughter of a deceased marine, who decides to work for the National Intelligence Service as a secret ops agent in order to support her mom and younger siblings, although all she wanted to do is to become a civil servant.
- American Psycho (2000)
- Dante’s Peak
- For the Birds
- Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD Season 6
- Moving Art: Season 3
- Mystic River
- Open Season
- Scream Season 3
- Spookley the Square Pumpkin
- The Last Exorcism
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
- The Walking Dead Season 9
- You Don’t Mess with the Zohan
- Elite Season 2 – NETFLIX ORIGINAL – In the wake of a classmate’s death, a student vanishes, allegiances shift, new friends join the drama, and dark secrets become too difficult to contain.
- Hip-Hop Evolution Season 3 – NETFLIX ORIGINAL – Tupac, Biggie, Lil’ Kim and Jay-Z blaze a trail into the ’90s as insiders sling the straight-up truth on the culture’s most iconic rappers and rhymes.
- Norm of the North: King Sized Adventure
- Bill Burr: Paper Tiger – NETFLIX ORIGINAL – Stand-up comedian, actor, and podcaster, Bill Burr, delivers a scathing review on the state of the world in his new Netflix stand-up comedy special, Bill Burr: Paper Tiger. Filmed in front of a packed house at the Royal Albert Hall in London, England, Burr dives into Michelle Obama’s book tour, the problem with male feminists, his hang-ups on taking a bath, and why his personality is affecting his marriage.
- Shameless (U.S.) Season 9
- Terrace House: Tokyo 2019-2020 – NETFLIX ORIGINAL – Six strangers share a fabulous house in Tokyo, looking for love while living under the same roof. With no script, what happens next is all up to them.
- The I-Land – NETFLIX ORIGINAL – Wiped clean of memories and thrown together, a group of strangers fight to survive harsh realities — and the island that traps them.
- The Mind, Explained – NETFLIX ORIGINAL – From dreaming to anxiety disorders, discover what’s happening inside your brain with this illuminating documentary series.
- The Chef Show: Volume 2 – NETFLIX ORIGINAL – Cooking is a journey. And making a meal is about more than just food. It’s about appreciating friends, family and tradition. An opportunity to come together. To learn, to share and to celebrate different flavors, cultures and people. In The Chef Show actor/director Jon Favreau and award-winning Chef Roy Choi reunite after their critically acclaimed film Chef to embark on a new adventure. The two friends experiment with their favorite recipes and techniques, baking, cooking, exploring and collaborating with some of the biggest names in the entertainment and culinary world.
- Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: The Battle of Unato – NETFLIX ORIGINAL – Ikoma and the Iron Fortress take their fight to the battlegrounds of Unato, joining the alliance to reclaim the region from the kabane horde.
- Tall Girl – NETFLIX FILM – Jodi (Ava Michelle) has always been the tallest girl in school — and she’s always been uncomfortable with it. After slouching her way through life for 16 years and being made fun of by classmates, Jodi meets Stig (Luke Eisner), a seemingly perfect Swedish foreign exchange student who’s even taller than she is. Jodi’s new crush turns her world upside down and throws her into a surprising love triangle, but with the help of her two best friends (Griffin Gluck, Anjelika Washington) as well as her beauty queen sister Harper (Sabrina Carpenter), Jodi comes to realize that she’s far more than her insecurities about her appearance have led her to believe. TALL GIRL, director Nzingha Stewart’s first feature film, is a heartfelt and hilarious coming-of-age story about finding the confidence to stop slouching and stand tall.
- The Last Kids on Earth – NETFLIX ORIGINAL – When zombies and monsters invade his hometown, a scrappy boy teams up with his friends to survive the apocalypse. Based on the popular book series.
- Between Two Ferns: The Movie – NETFLIX FILM – Zach Galifianakis dreamed of becoming a star. But when Will Ferrell discovered his public access TV show “Between Two Ferns” and uploaded it to Funny or Die, Zach became a viral laughing stock. Now Zach and his crew are taking a road trip to complete a series of high-profile celebrity interviews and restore his reputation. Directed by Scott Aukerman, BETWEEN TWO FERNS: THE MOVIE is a laugh-out-loud comedy that gives new insight into the curmudgeonly, beloved outsider Zach Galifianakis has created over the years.
- Criminal – NETFLIX ORIGINAL – This revolutionary procedural comprises 12 unique stories set in 4 different countries: France, Spain, Germany and the UK. It takes place exclusively within the confines of a police interview suite. This stripped down, cat-and-mouse drama focuses on the intense mental conflict between detectives and suspects.
- Disenchantment: Part 2 – NETFLIX ORIGINAL – High-spirited Princess Bean walks through hell to save a friend, learns about a mystical destiny set for her, and helps restore her father’s kingdom.
- Fastest Car: Season 2 – NETFLIX ORIGINAL – Extremely expensive supercars take on massively modified undercover speed demons, including Hondas, Fords, Oldsmobiles and even a Mini Cooper.
- American Horror Story: Apocalypse
- Glitch: Season 3 – NETFLIX ORIGINAL – More people rise from the grave and old friends become new threats as the mystery — and danger — intensifies in Yoorana.
- Bard of Blood – NETFLIX ORIGINAL – Kabir Anand is settling into his new life as a Shakespeare professor in the remote mountains of Panchgani when a call from the PMO thrusts him back into the world he is trying to forget. A brilliant agent who served under the recently murdered Sadiq Sheikh, Kabir was expelled from RAW because of a disastrous mission in Balochistan ten years prior. Kabir must now revisit those ghosts, avenge his mentor and face his deadliest enemies back in Balochistan while racing against time to save both his country and his long lost love. Based on the book by Bilal Siddiqui, the series is scheduled to launch in 2019 on Netflix.
- Dragons: Rescue Riders – NETFLIX FAMILY – In the new Netflix original series, Hiccup and Toothless lead the Dragon Riders as they soar beyond the borders of Berk and discover the mysterious Dragon eye — an ancient artifact filled with secrets that will lead them to new lands filled with undiscovered dragons. But the heroes find themselves pursued by marauding dragonhunters, who will stop at nothing to seize the power of the Dragon Eye.
- In the Shadow of the Moon – NETFLIX FILM – In 1988, Philadelphia police officer Thomas Lockhart (Boyd Holbrook), hungry to become a detective, begins tracking a serial killer who mysteriously resurfaces every nine years. But when the killer’s crimes begin to defy all scientific explanation, Locke’s obsession with finding the truth threatens to destroy his career, his family, and possibly his sanity. Directed by Jim Mickle and also starring Michael C. Hall and Cleopatra Coleman, IN THE SHADOW OF THE MOON is a genre-blending psychological thriller that examines the power of time, and how its passing can either bring us together or tear us apart.
- The Politician – NETFLIX ORIGINAL – Payton Hobart (Ben Platt), a wealthy student from Santa Barbara, California, has known since age seven that he’s going to be President of the United States. But first he’ll have to navigate the most treacherous political landscape of all: Saint Sebastian High School. To get elected Student Body President, secure a spot at Harvard, and stay on his singular path to success, Payton will have to outsmart his ruthless classmates without sacrificing his own morality and carefully crafted image. Full of comedy and sly satire, Ryan Murphy’s The Politician offers a rare glimpse into just what it takes to make a politician.
- Skylines – NETFLIX ORIGINAL – In Frankfurt, a young and gifted hip-hop producer gets the chance of a lifetime when he signs with Skyline Records. But the worlds of music, organized crime and high finance collide when the label owner’s gangster brother returns from exile to claim his share.
- Sturgill Simpson Presents Sound & Fury – NETFLIX ANIME – In a desolate post-apocalyptic wasteland, a noble few wage war against their oppressors. The odds are stacked. But hope for a brighter future means that all is not yet lost.
- Gotham Season 5
- Mo Gilligan: Momentum – NETFLIX ORIGINAL – Comedian Mo Gilligan blends smooth moves and sharp humor as he riffs on humble beginnings, family dynamics and the complex art of dancing in the club.
Podcasts Coming to Netflix
- Behind the Scenes: Stranger Things – The final episode in our podcast goes into the mind of the Mind Flayer with Dacre Montgomery and stuntman Ken Barefield.
- I’m Obsessed with This – Bobby Finger returns for a second season this fall. Watch out for episodes about cult favorites like Blown Away coming soon!
- Present Company – Listen to Krista Smith’s interview with Dolemite star Eddie Murphy!
Last Chance to Watch
Leaving September 1:
- 2 Fast 2 Furious
- A Clockwork Orange
- Angels & Demons
- Baby Animals in the Wild Season 1
- Batman Begins
- Battlefield Earth
- Californication Season 1-7
- Eight Legged Freaks
- Ghost Ship
- Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay
- Magic Mike
- Miami Vice
- Monster House
- Disney’s Mulan
- Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist
- Stuart Little
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet St.
- Sydney White
- The Dark Knight
- The Fast and the Furious
- The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
- The Hangover
Leaving September 9:
- Leroy & Stitch
- Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch
Leaving September 14:
- Disney’s Pocahontas
Leaving September 15:
- Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries Series 1-3
Leaving September 16:
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D
Leaving September 24:
- Portlandia Season 1-5
What will you be watching? Let us know in the comments, and don’t forget to Let Your Geek Sideshow!