First Look: Origins War Machine 1:6 Figure by Hot Toys
Just ahead of the worldwide release, Sideshow’s newest UNBOXING VIDEO gives fans an up-close look at Hot Toys’ latest Marvel collectible: the War Machine Sixth Scale Figure inspired by the character’s appearance in Iron Man #118 (1979).
Take a closer look at everything from the figure packaging to the range of articulation and variety of accessories included in this highly anticipated release with the unboxing video below.
Unboxing the Figure
Returning to the original paint scheme inspired by the comic pages, Hot Toys is excited to introduce the new War Machine Sixth Scale Figure with crystal armor to expand The Origins Collection. The highly detailed diecast War Machine figure is based on the character’s appearance in Marvel Comics. It features a newly developed helmet head with LED light-up function, sophisticated armor painted in matte black and metallic silver, and clear crystal armor covering upper chest to waist. Additional features include an LED light-up arc reactor on the figure’s chest and palms, back-mounted weapons such as a machine gun and rifle gun, plus a figure stand.
War Machine, Marvel Comics
“He doesn’t want to talk with James Rhodes — fine. He‘ll just have to take a meeting with War Machine!”
Introduced in the Iron Man #118 comic in 1979, War Machine has proved himself a capable hero and loyal friend. James Rhodes, AKA “Rhodey,” is reliable and faithfully patriotic throughout his Marvel Comics run. He has assisted Tony Stark in countless near-death situations and has put himself on the line to save the world. Eventually, Rhodey also became a super hero on his own.
What’s in the Box?
The War Machine Sixth Scale Figure features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of War Machine in Marvel Comics
- A newly developed helmet head with LED light-up function (white light, battery operated)
- Approximately 32 cm tall
- Over 30 points of articulation
- Contains diecast material
- Special features on armor
- Matte black and metallic silver-colored streamlined War Machine armor design
- LED light-up design on the eyes, arc reactor, palms (white light, battery operated)
- Clear crystal armor parts covering upper chest to waist
- 6 pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One pair of fists
- One pair of hands with articulated fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
- One pair of repulsor-firing hands (white light, battery operated)
- One articulated back-mounted machine gun
- One back-mounted rifle gun
- A specially designed figure stand with character name
*Battery included for collectible figure, button cells are required
This heavily weaponized War Machine armor is one of the most iconic suits that appears in the MCU. Crafted with incredible details, the War Machine Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys is a must-have for fans of the Iron Man movies.
Heavily inspired by modern contemporary neon art, the Neon Tech War Machine Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys features a luminous reflective element.
For more Sideshow FIRST LOOK unboxings, visit our official YouTube Channel. Featuring fan-favorite and highly anticipated collectible figures from all your favorite worlds, this series is an essential guide for curious collectors! See all the latest sixth scale collectibles from manufacturers like Hot Toys, Sideshow, Exo-6, and more.
The War Machine Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys is already waitlisted but you can still add more diecast super heroes to your collection. Once your Hall of Armor is assembled, show off your Marvel action figure display over at side.show/geekgroup and don’t forget to Let Your Geek Sideshow!