Sideshow Feature Collector: Jed Thomas

img_9073Collector: Jed Thomas

Location: Los Angeles

How and when did you start collecting?

Growing up as an avid BATMAN fan and an artist, I value and admire great pieces of art. That’s how I view toys and statues, they are pieces of art.  At a very young age, I started collecting BATMAN action figures that lead me to an even bigger collection in my adult life.  Started from regular action figure to high end action figures and statues.  I’m not slowing down, it’s my lifelong passion for sure.

My collection grew so much to a point where even my collection room has been seen across social media by so many people.

What do you collect? Does your collection have a theme, such as Star Wars, Batman, etc.?

Mainly, 80% of my collection is BATMAN. Then the other 20% are Marvel™, RoboCop, Aliens and Predators.

What makes your collection unique?

My collection is unique because it’s well kept and very well displayed. I try to keep them setup like in a museum or in a special room, not part of a living room (like a side decoration). I keep my collection in a dedicated room, so they are very special – where even guests and friends who comes to visit, they wanna see the room.

What are your favorite or the most prized pieces in your collection?

Oooooh….. this is a hard one.  So many pieces that I just love. My current top 6 would be:

  • Studio scale Batwing (Toynami)
  • Life size BATMAN bust (Sideshow)
  • Premium Format BATMAN (Sideshow)
  • BvS BATMAN one sixth scale (Hot Toys)
  • Studio scale Batmobile (Toynami)
  • Arkham Knight BATMAN (Prime 1)

What items are on your wish-list?

Life Size Wolf Predator head from Sideshow. That’s my grail piece. I didn’t have enough money when it first came out. I need that so bad!!!