Coming to Netflix in June 2019 – Geek Edition
From the final season of Marvel’s Jessica Jones to Fluffy’s own original series Mr. Iglesias, we have all the latest updates for what’s streaming on Netflix in June 2019!
Netflix has released their latest newsletter highlighting all of the awesome new content being made available to watch starting next month, as well as which shows will be leaving the site soon. After reviewing the full streaming lineup, here are our most anticipated shows coming to Netflix in June 2019- the Geek Edition, of course!
New on Netflix
Coming in June (no release date yet):
- Jessica Jones Season 3– Netflix Original– When Jessica (Krysten Ritter) crosses paths with a highly intelligent psychopath, she and Trish (Rachael Taylor) must repair their fractured relationship and team up to take him down. But a devastating loss reveals their conflicting ideas of heroism, and sets them on a collision course that will forever change them both.
- Arthdal Chronicles– Netflix Original– In a mythical land called Arth, the inhabitants of the ancient city of Arthdal and its surrounding regions vie for power as they build a new society.
- A. I. Artificial Intelligence
- Batman Begins
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
- Gran Torino
- Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
- Magic Mike
- The Dark Knight
- The Phantom of the Opera
- Documentary Now!: Season 3
- Black Mirror Season 5– Netflix Original
- Smithereens: A cab driver with an agenda becomes the centre of attention on a day that rapidly spirals out of control.
- Striking Vipers: Two estranged college friends reunite in later life, triggering a series of events that could alter their lives forever.
- Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too: A lonely teenager yearns to connect with her favourite pop star – whose charmed existence isn’t quite as rosy it appears…
- Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch
- 3%: Season 3– Netflix Original– Michele creates an idyllic Inland sanctuary that’s open to all, but when a crisis hits, she’s forced to design a selection process of her own.
- The Chef Show– Netflix Original– In The Chef Show actor/director Jon Favreau and award-winning Chef Roy Choi reunite after their critically acclaimed film Chef to embark on a new adventure. The two friends experiment with their favorite recipes and techniques, baking, cooking, exploring and collaborating with some of the biggest names in the entertainment and culinary world.
- Designated Survivor: Season 3– Netflix Original– The gloves come off as Kirkman launches his election campaign amidst ethical quandaries, international incidents and a new terrorism threat at home.
- I Am Mother– Netflix Film– In the wake of humanity’s extinction, a teenage girl is raised by a robot designed to repopulate the earth. But their unique bond is threatened when an inexplicable stranger arrives with alarming news.
- Disney’s Ralph Breaks the Internet
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese– Netflix Film– In an alchemic mix of fact and fantasy, Martin Scorsese looks back at Bob Dylan’s 1975 Rolling Thunder Revue tour and a country ripe for reinvention.
- The 3rd Eye 2– Netflix Film– Working in an orphanage, Alia meets teen Nadia, who says she hears a strange voice in the walls. When they try to find the source, things go very wrong.
- Jinn– Netflix Original– When a school trip to Petra turns deadly, some students suspect supernatural forces are to blame. Back home, a mysterious boy appears before Mira.
- Kakegurui xx– Netflix Anime– Kirari dissolves the student board and proposes a school-wide gambling battle royal, ushering in a new era of chaos and competition for her seat.
- Aggretsuko: Season 2– Netflix Anime– From her mother meddling in her personal affairs to a nightmarish new coworker, Retsuko’s still got a lot to rage about in her karaoke sessions.
- Awake: The Million Dollar Game– Netflix Original– Sleepless for 24 hours, contestants in this comedy game show stumble through challenges both eccentric and mundane for a chance at a $1 million prize.
- Grey’s Anatomy: Season 15
- Adam Devine: Best Time of Our Lives– Netflix Original– Critically acclaimed comedian, Adam Devine, knows that growing up sucks and is here to tell you why. Filmed in front of a packed house at The Orpheum Theater in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska, Devine’s new Netflix comedy special will give a comedic take on the worst parts of growing up including puberty, parental judgment, and almost dying on your 21st birthday.
- Dark: Season 2– Netflix Original– As the date for the apocalyptic Last Cycle approaches, Winden’s families discover that they play a critical role in the fate of their world.
- The End of Evangelion
- EVANGELION: DEATH (TRUE)^2
- Mr. Iglesias– Netflix Original– Stand-up phenom Gabriel Iglesias stars in this series as a good-natured high school history teacher who tries to help gifted misfit kids.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
- 7SEEDS– Netflix Anime– A shy girl named Natsu learns that she’s part of a group chosen to ensure the survival of humanity. Together, they have to survive on a changed Earth.
- Scare Tactics: Seasons 4 & 5
Podcasts Coming to Netflix
- NEW PODCAST – I Hate Talking About Myself – Netflix stars like Ben Affleck, Natasha Lyonne and Nicole Byer face their toughest interviewer ever — themselves — in this new podcast that drops 10 episodes the week of May 27th.
- NEW PODCAST – Watching With… – Enjoy a full director’s commentary from the writer and director of Someone Great, Jennifer Kaytin Robinson, guided by Jarett Weiselman.
- Human Algorithm – Keiko Agena is the new host, featuring a special New On Netflix episode.
- I’m Obsessed with This – Bobby Finger and guests chat about The Society and Wine Country on the newest episode out now.
Last Chance to Watch
Leaving June 1:
- An Extremely Goofy Movie
- Apollo 13
- Disney’s 101 Dalmations
- Disney’s The Fox and the Hound 2
- Disney’s The Jungle Book: Mowgli’s Story
- Freddy vs. Jason
- Friday the 13th
- Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves
- I Am Legend
- Inspector Gadget 2
- Jason X
- Kill Bill: Vol. 1
- Kill Bill: Vol. 2
- Legally Blonde
- Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde
- My Bloody Valentine
- Pretty in Pink
- Reindeer Games
- Terminator Salvation
Leaving June 4:
- District 9
Leaving June 5:
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Leaving June 15:
- Apocalypse Now
- National Lampoon’s Van Wilder
Leaving June 24:
- Disney’s Mulan 2
School’s out for summer, so get ready to update your Netflix streaming lineup! You still have a little bit of time to catch those shows leaving the site, but remember, they won’t last forever.
What will you be watching? Let Your Geek Sideshow and tell us in the comments!