It’s Gonna Be Mother’s Day — Have You Made Your Wish List?
Geek moms from Themyscira to outer space — it’s almost Mother’s Day! And like every year, you deserve something special. Sideshow is here to help you help your family find the perfect gift. Because whatever your unique geek style is, Sideshow.com has something you’re guaranteed to love.
Get what you want this May — no hexing required! Using our “Sideshow Wish List” and “Drop a Hint” functions, you can summon spellbinding Harry Potter collectibles, unite the Justice League on your shelf, or form a rebellion of Star Wars collectibles. Then you can share that list with friends, partners, coworkers, or even your greatest nemesis! It’s the perfect way to let the people in your life know how to celebrate you.
So, how does it work?
Sideshow Wish List
Take the guesswork out of collecting with personalized and strategized wishlists! First, you will need a Sideshow.com account, which also allows you to access 5% in rewards on purchases, flexible payment plans, and more. Once signed into your account, you will be able to add any item on our website to your own personal account Wish List.
You can create a Wish List through your Account Page or by adding items to a new Wish List. View our detailed tutorial for creating Wish Lists on our Why You Should Create a Sideshow Wish List blog.
Once you’ve created your lists, you can visit your account page and set those lists as private (for your eyes only) or public, which can be shared with friends and family.
Don’t delay! Start and share a Wish List before Mother’s Day for your best chance to get what you actually want. ‘Cause boxes of chocolate are great, but collectible dolls with gorgeous art boxes? Those are even better.
Drop a Hint
The “Drop a Hint” function allows you to directly send a gentle push to your loved ones with all the details for the exact item you want, even without being logged in to a Sideshow account. Let us do the rest of the nudging, winking, and persuading for you.
For the most up to date information on how to use the Drop a Hint feature, check out our Drop a Hint reference page. Then, try it out on some of Sideshow’s exciting in stock collectibles (Consider this our hint to you!).
Gift Ideas for Geeky Moms
Whether you’re looking for collectibles for the home, the office, or your secret lair, here are some awesome gift ideas to add to your Wish List for this Mother’s Day.
For the Home:
- Looking for pop culture drinkware? Hold court like the royalty you are with these Game of Thrones goblets! Celebrating the Queen in the North (Sansa Stark) and the Mother of Dragons (Daenerys Targaryen), these collectible kitchen items by Royal Selangor are perfectly posh.
- Waffles = breakfast of champions. All moms = champions. The math checks out, we promise. So here’s some more. If you like equations, you probably like sci-fi, and if you like sci-fi, you have to love Star Wars™. Thus we have the complete combination of all your favorite things in one adorable package: The Child Waffle Maker by Uncanny Brands LLC!
- Perhaps you want to spend your Mother’s Day in simplicity and serenity. Might we suggest the My Neighbor Totoro Sakura Mug by Skater? Serve green tea in this beautiful porcelain cup for an ultimate afternoon of relaxation. The only other thing you need is a giant forest guardian to nap with!
For the Office:
- Light up your work space — and your life — with a cuddly cat. The Chonky Trash Kitty Night Light by 100% Soft is the purrfect day or evening companion. Plus, its smiling face and constant presence on your desk might remind you of your own furry friend!
- Musical moms, vintage lovers, and art fans, we have the gift for you! If you love a good coffee table book plus a stellar soundtrack, you have to have this Mondo: The Art of Soundtracks Book by Insight Editions. Featuring stunning new takes on classic and modern material, this collection reinvigorates the bygone era of unique and collectible vinyl record artwork.
For the Wall:
- Shake up your decorating style with these wall hangings by Xhanthi and Atomic Misfit. Featuring familiar faces like Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, and Catwoman, plus the original Mystic Bun, these glamorous gals will add a unique accent to any home. Go daring with the Gotham City Sirens or magical with Miss Bun — the choice is yours, mom!
- Every mom is an absolute super hero. You channel your inner Wonder Woman every day, so why not put her on display for the rest of the world to see? The Wonder Woman Fine Art Print by Jeehyung Lee captures all the power, grace, and wisdom of this iconic DC Comics character in one stunning art piece. She’s the perfect addition to any living room.
For the Shelf:
- At the intersection of dreamy surrealism and fairytale fantasy stands Lulu, a tribute to Tina Yu’s mother as imagined through the lens of the artist’s unique sculpture style. This statue is certainly a conversation starter. Plus, it’s a sweet reminder of the bond between a mother and daughter.
For the Self:
- Catching your frantic kids is exhausting, but catching Pokémon is endless fun! Wear this Poké Ball Locket by RockLove around your neck to keep childhood nostalgia and the cutest monsters close to your heart where they belong. And we won’t tell everybody if you put a picture of Pikachu in there instead of a family photo.
Will you be adding any of these items to your Mother’s Day Wish List? Let us know in the comments, and don’t forget to Let Your Geek Sideshow!