First Look: R2-D2 Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys
Just ahead of the worldwide release, Sideshow’s newest UNBOXING VIDEO gives fans an up-close look at Hot Toys’ latest Star Wars™ collectible: the R2-D2™ Sixth Scale Figure, inspired by the character’s appearance in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones™.
Take a closer look at everything from the figure packaging to the range of articulation and variety of accessories included in this highly anticipated release with the unboxing video below.
Unboxing the Figure
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones™, Sideshow and Hot Toys introduced a series of Star Wars collectibles based on this landmark film.
The R2-D2 Sixth Scale Collectible Figure is skillfully crafted with a diecast metal dome and weathered paint application. The figure features a highly detailed mechanical body with openable panels and a retractable middle leg. Accessories include a pair of rocket thrusters, a tether cable, and various attachable mechanical arms and tools. Collectors can additionally complete the scene with specially designed commemorative packaging.
R2-D2, Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
A reliable and versatile astromech™ droid, R2-D2 serves Padmé Amidala™ and Anakin Skywalker™. Artoo™ demonstrates great bravery in rescuing his masters and their friends from many perils. A skilled starship mechanic and fighter pilot’s assistant, he also has an unlikely but enduring friendship with the fussy protocol droid C-3PO™.
What’s in the Box?
The R2-D2 Sixth Scale Figure features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of R2-D2 in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Meticulously crafted diecast metal dome features 360° horizontal spin design
- Skillfully applied with realistic weathering effects
- Screen-accurate mechanical construction with 10 points of articulations
- Approximately 18 cm tall
- Remote-controlled LED light-up functions (8 sets of LED light-up points, battery operated)
- Remote-controlled sound effect function featuring 14 iconic R2-D2 sounds (battery operated)
- One pair of articulated terrain tread legs
- One articulated and retractable center tread leg
- One extending periscope
- Openable panels
- Special package design with Star Wars: Attack of the Clones 20th anniversary logo
- One C-3PO mechanical head with LED light-up function (yellow light, battery operated)
- One pair of rocket thrusters for flight mode with two real-like thruster fire effects
- 13 pieces of arms (some equipped with magnetic function):
- One tether cable
- One life-form scanner
- One computer terminal arm
- Two lock pick arms
- One repair arm
- Two multi-function utility and interface arms
- One pair of computer interface arms
- One utility arm
- One utility saw
- One universal computer interface arm
- One infrared remote control for R2-D2’s sound effect and LED light-up functions (battery operated)
- One specially designed figure stand
*Battery included for collectible figure, button cells are required.
Based on the appearance of this impulsive Jedi Padawan™ in the beloved prequel film, the meticulously developed Anakin Skywalker Sixth Scale Figure features an interchangeable mech right arm, two LED light-up lightsabers™, a Geonosian™ factory-themed display stand, and more.
Padmé Amidala was a courageous, hopeful leader, serving as Queen and then Senator of Naboo™. Now she can serve as a centerpiece in your collection as the Padmé Amidala Sixth Scale Figure.
For more Sideshow FIRST LOOK unboxings, visit our official YouTube Channel. Featuring fan-favorite and highly anticipated collectible figures from all your favorite worlds, this series is an essential guide for curious collectors! See all the latest sixth scale collectibles from manufacturers like Hot Toys, Sideshow, Exo-6, and more.
The R2-D2 Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys is already waitlisted, but you can still add more droids to your collection. Once your mechanical menagerie is complete, show off your Star Wars action figure display over at side.show/geekgroup and don’t forget to Let Your Geek Sideshow!