Sideshow’s Collect A Day May 2020 – 31 Prizes in 31 Days!
Are you ready for a month filled with collectibles, creativity, and giveaways? It’s Sideshow’s fifth annual Collect A Day May event across social media!
Whether you’re new to the party or a returning player, here are some things you need to know about the event. Every day has a different collectibles photo challenge theme to it, detailed in our handy Collect A Day May Calendar above and in the list below. This means there are 31 giveaways in 31 days, with 31 different chances to win!
How Do I Play?
To participate, be sure to follow Sideshow Collectibles on Facebook, join the Let Your Geek Sideshow Facebook Group, follow @sideshowcollectibles on Instagram, and follow @collectsideshow on Twitter. That’s the first step to joining in the fun! This year’s contest submission is hosted through Gleam, and you can find the entry links listed below.
Since every day has a unique theme, we want you to take a clever photograph of your collection that fits the daily challenge. The picture must be original (you took it yourself, of your own collection), and you must tag Sideshow on the same platform as you are posting on, using the hashtag #CollectADayMay and whatever the daily challenge hashtag is in your image caption.
In addition to the upload caption containing the challenge information, your photograph itself must also include a piece of paper somewhere in the image with the daily challenge hashtag and #CollectADayMay written on it. We want these entries to be created specifically for our contest, so show us your most creative and exciting collection photos for your chance to win!
Using Sideshow figures in your pictures is not a requirement- we want to see what you can do with your collection, whatever it may be! Please do not enter multiple images in a day or you will be disqualified- we want to see the ONE picture you think best represents our daily theme.
You must leave your post up on social media for at least two weeks in order to earn credit for your entry. If your post is deleted before then, your entries will not be counted.
Collect A Day May 2020 Themes
Take a look at this year’s daily themes below, complete with entry rules and the daily prize. Links will update here throughout the contest, so check back frequently to see when the Gleam portal has opened for the days you want to enter:
- May 1st – Start With A Shelfie – First, let’s take a shelfie!
- May 2nd- Twinning – We’re seeing double!
- May 3rd- What’s On Your Wall? – We’re off to a great stART!
- May 4th- May the 4th – Collectors, use the 4th!
- May 5th- Revenge of the 5th – Show us the Dark Side. . . of your collection!
- May 6th- Cult Classics – Let’s see those cult classic culprits!
- May 7th- Seeing Red – Red alert!
- May 8th- Alien Day – Take us to your collectibles.
- May 9th- Caturday –The time is meow!
- May 10th- Sunday Funday – Toys just wanna have fun!
- May 11th- Marvel Monday – Have a MARVELous Monday!
- May 12th- My First Collectible – Your photos? Instant classics.
- May 13th- Fright Day – BOO! Those shelves are scary!
- May 14th- Thorsday – Your collectibles are #WorthIt
- May 15th- Positively Purple – Pretty in purple!
- May 16th- The Great Outdoors – Accept this challenge #LikeAMoss
- May 17th- Squad Goals – Sunday is Squad-day.
- May 18th- Monday Blues – This challenge appeared out of the blue!
- May 19th- Office Buddy – Yes, work it!
- May 20th- Action Hero Day – Have no fear – action heroes are here!
- May 21st- It’s Not Easy Being Green – We got the green light – let’s see ‘em!
- May 22nd- Day of DC – You better DCide which collectible to use!
- May 23rd- Sixth Scale Saturday – Let’s scale it down a bit.
- May 24th- Statue Sunday – Your collectibles are simply statuesque.
- May 25th- Memorial Day – It’s time to honor your collection.
- May 26th- Favorite Fandom – It’s difficult not to play favorites…
- May 27th- SciFi Day – Make some space for another challenge!
- May 28th- Throwback Thursday – Let’s take it back to the good old days!
- May 29th- Day of Play – Shall we play a game?
- May 30th- With A Pet – A Collectible’s Best Friend!
- May 31st- Movie Monsters – Straight from the silver lagoon!
What If I Win?
There will be a random winner chosen for each daily challenge. Please be patient- since there are so many entries, and the contest is running each day of the month (even during weekends!), our team will announce winners as soon as we can.
Keep an eye on your inbox! If you are chosen as a winner, you will be emailed by [email protected]. Please follow the instructions listed in the email and reply with your complete shipping information (name, address, and phone number) or your prize will be forfeit.
Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more details on who is eligible to enter and how to claim a prize.
You can only win a daily prize once during Collect A Day May, but you are invited to keep playing along- sometimes additional surprises may be given to honorable mention entries. You never know what might happen!
When Can I Start?
The whole event kicks off when the clock strikes midnight (12:00am PST) on May 1st, 2020. Each daily contest ends at 11:59:59pm PST that day, and the next theme begins promptly at 12:00am PST.
As soon as the clock rolls over, you can post your entry for the next day. You have the full 24 hours of each day to submit your entry.
The final contest day ends at 11:59:59pm PST on May 31st, 2020.
This Year’s Submissions
May 1st – Start With A Shelfie
May 2nd- Twinning
May 3rd- What’s On Your Wall?
May 4th- May the 4th
May 5th- Revenge of the 5th
May 6th- Cult Classics
May 7th- Seeing Red
May 8th- Alien Day
May 9th- Caturday
May 10th- Sunday Funday
May 11th- Marvel Monday
May 12th- My First Collectible
May 13th- Fright Day
May 14th- Thorsday
May 15th- Positively Purple
May 16th- The Great Outdoors
May 17th- Squad Goals
May 18th- Monday Blues
May 19th- Office Buddy
May 20th- Action Hero Day
The Friday, May 1st theme is “Start with a #Shelfie” so take a look at your collection and get those creative gears turning. We can’t wait to see what you come up with!